Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DIRT!!! Is there anything more beautiful?

Hey guys,
I just wanted to share my excitement with y'all about the nearing of the end of the growing season. Soon we will be having a year end garden feast and then we will have the fun of "closing" the fields.

I have just stockpiled the shed with 3 bales of straw, a bag of white clover seeds, a steel rake, and a pitchfork; woohoo! I'm really looking forward to enriching our soil....I've read some really cool stuff about soil over the summer; dirt is amazing! Also, over the summer I have fallen in love with our compost pile perhaps more than is healthy for a relationship between a human and a mass of decomposed bio-matter.

I think it would be great if we could time our harvest feast with the clover planting....then some time later we would plow it under and lay down the compost and straw.

Peace,
Thomas

No comments: